Honoring Community Service Since 2009
- Students 9-12 are eligible
- Students keep records of their hours
- Every year, students with at least 75 hours per year are recognized at the Rougher 300 Banquet
- Forms are due yearly the week after spring break.
- Volunteer during summers and breaks, make sure to get forms signed for each project.
- No more than one week of hours per form with details on service provided.
In its work to create both lifelong learners and lifelong citizens, and in cooperation with the Muskogee Chamber of Commerce and the Muskogee Nonprofit Resource Center, Muskogee High School has created an honor for those students dedicated to serving their community. Students who serve 300 or more hours of service over the course of their studies at MHS and the 8th and 9th Grade Center @ Alice Robertson will be designated as Rougher 300 honorees during their graduation commencement ceremony.
In order for students to be granted service hours to qualify for the Rougher 300, the following criteria must be met:
- Service activities are done on behalf of others (not including immediate family members or court-mandated hours).
- The primary intent of the activity is to aid and assist others for the good of the community and mankind.
- No compensation (grade, class credit, monetary or other) has been given.
- Service activities may be done outside the school day, during the unscheduled time, or certain activities done within the school day that is voluntary and not tied to academics (activities approved by the selection committee).
- The acts of service must promote the values incorporated in the Muskogee High School Mission Statement.
In keeping with these criteria, contributions that students make to both the school and the greater community can be recognized for entry into the Rougher 300. In addition to recognition of Seniors during Graduation, the Chamber, the Nonprofit Resource Center, and MHS have partnered to recognize all students who meet certain benchmarks in community service.
The following documents are what you will need to be recognized:
1. Start here with the instructions. Rougher 300 Application Instructions
2. Complete a singular time sheet for each activity. Rougher 300 Cover Page & Application
Here is the packet in entirety. Make sure to keep track of your hours and maintain a copy of all time documentations and forms.