Return to School Plan 2020-2021
Muskogee Public Schools has created this plan to aid in navigating the reestablishment of our school where employees, students, and families feel safe and to reduce the impact of COVID-19 conditions upon returning to the district. The guidelines referenced in this plan are based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO).
MPS is preparing for a safe return to a traditional On Campus Learning format for the 2020-21 school year. We understand that Distance Learning days may likely be required at some point for all students, and so we are working to be even more effective in that area as well. Finally, for the first time in the history of Muskogee Public Schools, all students in grades K through 12 may choose to participate in a full-time Distance Learning program instead of the traditional On-Campus format.
Understanding that Covid-19 is an extremely complex and evolving issue, MPS is committed to the following actions to increase safety for students and staff:
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment throughout the district.
- Sanitizing all district spaces each day with foggers or Clorox 360 Machines.
- Sanitizing high touch areas throughout the district multiple times a day.
- Changing cafeteria arrangements where possible to increase social distancing.
- Changing entry, release, and hallway patterns where possible to increase social distancing.
- Evaluating and adjusting bus routes where possible to increase social distancing.
- Increase time away from the building for students / staff with fever or other symptoms of Covid.
- Strengthening the Distance learning curriculum for all students in MPS.
- Communicating timely and useful information about confirmed Covid-19 cases that affect MPS.
Regular updates will be made to this plan based on information provided by the CDC, WHO, and applicable federal, state and local agencies. New practices and policies introduced in this document may be more restrictive than those previously in place in MPS. This document will be reviewed and approved by the MPS School Board at an upcoming meeting.
In order to ensure the continued well being of our employees the following guiding principles have been put in place:
- EMPLOYEE AND STUDENT SAFETY MEASURES
- INPUT FROM SCHOOL AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS
- HEALTH GUIDELINES
- SUPPORT FOR FAMILIES