OSSAA Marching Band Contest Information for MPS Students, Staff, and Families
Muskogee High School will host 13 bands and nearly 2000 students for the OSSAA East Regional Band Contest this week on Wednesday, October 26. The contest is open to the public and free to attend. The following information details parking and traffic flow for students, parents, teachers and guests.
MHS Student and Teacher Parking
- Students and teachers will park in front of A Building (White Lot) and in the parking spaces near the softball/baseball complex (Gray Lot) and practice gym.
- Once these lots are full students and teachers will be directed to the Ag Lot located north of the football stadium.
- The Fine Arts (Green), Ron Milam (BLACK), and South Building G (Athletics Parking) lots will be closed to students, staff and families all day.
MHS Student Drop Off and Traffic Flow
- Old Shawnee Road will be reduced from three lanes to one lane from 8:00 a.m. until 4 p.m. Old Shawnee Road is the access road parallel to Shawnee Bypass.
- Traffic will be allowed to travel from west to east in the south lane of Old Shawnee road. The south traffic lane is the lane closest to Shawnee Bypass and the only open lane from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Students, parents and employees will only be allowed to enter the MHS campus through the main gate from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. All other entries will be closed.
- Students, staff, and parents will need to exit the MHS campus through the main gate until school lets out.
- Once school lets out at 3:30 p.m., students, parents and employees will be able to exit the main gate and the west gates closest to the PAC.
- Traffic leaving MHS from the main gate can go straight or turn left (east). Traffic leaving the main entrance cannot go west onto Old Shawnee Road.
- Traffic leaving MHS from the west gates by the PAC, must turn right (west) onto Old Shawnee Road.
- Absolutely no parking on Old Shawnee Road for student drop off or pick up will be allowed.
Guest and Public Parking
- There will be no guest or public parking available on the MHS campus all day.
- Guest and public parking for Muskogee families and out of town guests wanting to watch bands perform, may park in the Northpoint Shopping Center Parking Lot located west of the stadium. Shuttles will be available to transport guests to and from the stadium.
- Due to traffic patterns of the participating bands’ students, box trucks, and semi-trailers, THERE WILL BE NO PUBLIC PARKING AVAILABLE AT ROUGHER VILLAGE.